Chatham Wine & Liquor
Fine selections from around the world – and around the corner
Thank you to all of our customers who donated to the food security contribution box on our counter. In 2022 we raised and contributed $688.00 to World Central Kitchen, Columbia County Recovery Kitchen and The Chatham Silent Pantry. We appreciate your generosity.
Cocktail Recipes from Jonathan
End of Summer Mezcalita
2 parts of your preferred mezcal
2 parts fresh orange juice
1 part fresh lime juice
• Combine in a shaker with ice until well chilled
• Strain and pour over a handful of frozen blueberries
• Add a generous of Disaronno for extra pizzaz
Summer 'Hattan (Inverted Manhattan)
3 parts high quality sweet vermouth (like Vya)
1 part (spicy) rye or Bourbon
• Serve over an ice globe or several cubes
• Garnish with your choice of classic Manhattan accompaniment
• Slice half a lime into 4-5 pieces
• Add these to the bottom of a glass with a tablespoon of brown sugar
• Muddle until sugar is fully blended with lime juice
• Add an equal portion of Cachaga to the lime juice
• For the 'Internacional' twist, add a generous splash of dark or spiced rum
• Add 2-3 ice cubes and serve.
*When properly combined, it should be slightly strong initially, cold with tart lime notes, grass and sugar cane come from the cachaga with an underlying brown sugar note.